High Current Generator System
High Current Generator System (HCGS) is a scalable system that allows the generation of DC and AC controlled large currents during a short period of time.
This system can be used to test HV/LV connectors for power cables, fuses & circuit breakers interrupting rate testing, standard & superconducting cables. Also can be used to generate current pulse for electromagnetic pulse systems. Furthermore to emulate battery short-circuit condition.
The HCGS is a scalable system based on power electronics and energy storage. It is composed by modules being able to generate up to 1300 A. Different current profiles could be implemented under request. The modules are charged at 20 kW from the three phase grid.
Connecting modules in parallel we can build the equipment that adapts you better to achieve higher or lower currents specifications. That makes HCGS a modular, configurable and scalable system.
HCGS consists of a charger and numerous power modules in parallel capable of generate 1300 Arms each. Every power module is composed by one unit of energy storage and a power converter.
Charging system charges modules sequentially. Once all the energy storage modules are fully charged the system releases current through each inverter to the bus bar to achieve the controlled current target at the output.
- Based on power electronics & energy storage technology
- Scalable; Modules of 1300 Arms
- Fully digital closed loop controlled current output
- Custom HMI interface
- 20 kW power consumption
- Time & temperature stop event
Application and usage
- Testing HV/LV connectors for power cables according IEC 61238
- Fuses & circuit breakers inter-rupting rate testing
- Standard & superconducting cables testing
- Electromagnetic impulse
- Battery short-circuit condition